Monday, September 10, 2012

HOTT Mat and Ready for Battle.

Last night, or should I say early this morning I finished my Zuzzy battlemat for the HOTT campaign.

If you have never seen one of these products, let me say, they are fantastic for the travelling wargamer. Being made of some rubberized material, they hold acrylic paints very well. They are rugged & can be rolled, folded, stuffed in a box, etc & will still lay flat for your next battle.

I bought several of these a few years ago with the intent of having 4 (4'x4') game mats. As the HOTT uses a 3'x3' version I cut one down. The remnants of the mat I will likely use to make rough ground terrain pieces for DBA/HOTT.

The shot below is the basecoat of Burnt Umber going down.


The finished battlemat with the hilighting of Yellow Ochre, Sandstone, Thicket and Olive colours to define the various textured features. It was now 2am. See how time flies when your having fun!


I am now ready to go for our HOTT campaign which starts tommorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment