Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Police Cars Weather the Zombie Storm

Some time back I purchased several Police Vehicles for use in Post Apocalyptic gaming. So while working on the next 5 Zombicide Walkers, I started weathering some of them for next months Campaign game, which is where vehicles are introduced.

So this is how they looked when bought, nice & shiny!



Of course with an Apocalypse going on there's no time to be worrying about washing them. So I started by taking a green Brilla pad & lightly scouring the shiny paint to tone it down. I didn't want to rub the paint off however.


In all I purchased 3 of this version. The Shiny one still needs to get weathered. I wanted to maintain a standard cruiser for the City's Police force. I liked this version for that purpose.


I recently purchased a bunch more graffiti decals, smaller ones rather than the huge ones I have for other purposes. So after adding a couple to one of the cruisers & the Sheriff's vehicle below, I began applying dirt, then mud. I then masked the windows  & headlights with masking tape & applied a dull coat overspray.


The Sheriff's vehicle received a bit more graffiti & a hand painted sign. The windows were given cracks. I see the decals need a bit more work as the edges can be seen


Unfortunately not all the vehicles have doors that open & close. Would have been nice to have a hood open, etc, but for what I paid for these at Walmart I won't complain.


As alluded to at the beginning, I have the next 5 Zombies drying from the Army Painter Dip & should have those posted tomorrow evening. Then I will likely get the Luke, Han Solo & Chewbacca finished for my friend. I also picked up the new Star Wars expansions so will likely crack them open to start painting as well.

Thanks for reading.
 

9 comments:

  1. These look really good. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you purchase your decals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from T2 Decals http://t2decals.ecrater.com/c/135116770/ho-scale-graffiti Though if you google 1/43 scale graffiti decals, numerous hits will be shown & you can base your purchase on location, etc

      Delete
  3. They look fabulous Terry, any thoughts as to how you keep track of which characters are in them and who is driving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed Michael, I will use the cardstock ones from the game beside the board showing who is sitting where.

      Delete
  4. Can I purchase one of the fusion police cars? If not can you give me the link to buy the stock ones? Very nice work on these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are available at Walmart (Canada). I certainly still see them in Walmart even today. Thanks for the compliment

      Delete