Monday, September 12, 2016

Frostgrave has a bone to pick with you

Although a horrible title for this post, it is apt as I completed some re-paints of some skeletons I picked up somewhere..an action lot, in a trade (I honestly don't know).

However I do know that I really like these metal sculpts. Whomever owned them prior went to some effort to twist arms, etc to make the poses different & I like what they did.


A nice simple paint job, as they are all 1 colour. 


I then weathered the sundered shields & weapons with some rust colouring to show their age.


Then it was painted on Army Painter Strong Dip followed by the matte over spray.


I have a few more of the old Ral Partha skeletons on the paint table (more repaints from my youthful D&D days) as well as a bear. Also coming up the line are the Malifeaux Starter set crews.
 

11 comments:

  1. Very well done! Only 3 warriors - that is what you call a "skeleton force". The dog will enjoy chewing on those bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually 6, if you look close, there are slight differences between the poses.

      Delete
    2. I see that now. Enough for a pack of war hounds.

      Delete
    3. HAHA go ahead Jonathan, you bring a pack of dogs, I will take the treasure while they bury bones.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, just wish I knew what company they came from, they are quite sturdy all things considered.

      Delete
  3. I love the posing, and you've really brought them to 'life' with the paintwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JP. I think most of the credit must go to the Army Painter Strong Dip...I use it for all my miniatures now & it just makes everything POP! As well it provides a nice protective covering on the painted surface

      Delete
    2. Army Painter is great isn't it? The only reason I don't use it is the fact it's not water based and white spirit stinks the place out when I clean the brush.

      Delete
  4. They look excellent; a nice little trio. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pulp, though as I pointed out to Jonathan, there are 6 figures. Slight variations of the poses (which I think were made by their previous owner) which I like!

      Delete